PromoBotPromote your discord server in tens of other server with just one command
Important Promobot update
Thank you for using Promobot! To ensure quality promotion in the future, PromoBot now checks if invite of your server is not invalid or expired, and if this invite belongs to your server. To allow this feature to work, allow PromoBot 'Manage server' permission to have access to server's invites. PromoBot by any means WILL NOT change server name or icon, edit server region, or any other server property. If PromoBot fails to access invites (doesn't have the 'Manage server' permission), PromoBot will fail to promote your server. This change is made to ensure high-quality and high-efficiency promotion aswell as save your priceless time to both not check regularly if invite is valid and to not promote with invalid invite.. If you have any questions. comments, concerns, or reports feel free to join support server and share them there: https://discord.gg/dXES6RYtAq
PromoBot is discord bot oriented to help smaller communities grow. It splits all servers in categories, and promotes your server where users will find it most relevant!
Now, here is how to setup the bot
1 - How to use this bot?:
- First, use "Invite bot" button to add the bot to your server
- Then, use command
pr$setupto set it up on your server. Bot will walk you through all the necessary steps. Currently the steps are:
- Self promotion channel where bot will send promo messages from other servers
- Promotion message that you would like to be advertised on other servers
- Invite to this server
- Category of your server (options included, currently you are allowed to choose only 1)
- Note that when setup was started and bot asks you to provide a specific input, you should only send what bot asks you to. You shouldn't send
pr$setupeverytime as you provide the information.
- When you have done the setup, you are ready to go! Now, when you would like to promote your server, you can use
pr$promocommand. It will send the promotion message (provided in the setup command) in all servers with the same category.
2 - How to change fields entered in setup command?:
pr$channel- changes self promo channel of your server
pr$message- changes promo message of your server
pr$category- change category of your server
pr$invite- change discord invite of your promotion Note: all these commands require MANAGE_CHANNELS and MANAGE_MESSAGES permissions to ensure that a trusted server member modifies this info
3 - How can I report a server's promo message?
pr$report [server id] command to report the server. We will manually review this server and, if necessary, ban this server (means this server will not be able to promote itself anymore)
Pro tip: below every promo message you can see server ID. Copy it and use it in the report command
Additional helper commands:
pr$categories- list of all valid categories, list may change with time as bot grows
pr$info- some more info on the bot
pr$this) - see info about current server: ID, message, time until next promotion, promo channel, discord invite used to promote this server
pr$permissions- outputs what permissions does PromoBot require and why (similar to the paragraph below)
pr$addme- sends top.gg link of PromoBot to add the bot to other servers
pr$vote- sends the same top.gg link of PromoBot to vote for the bot
View channels and read messages- obviously bot needs it to see your commands
Send messages- bot needs to give you feedback on your actions
Embed links- plain text looks basic and boring. Embeds bring the bot to life!
Manage guild- To ensure quality promotion in the future, PromoBot now checks if invite of your server is not invalid or expired, and if this invite belongs to your server. To allow this feature to work, PromoBot requires 'Manage server' permission to have access to server's invites. PromoBot by any means WILL NOT change server name or icon, edit server region, or any other server property. If PromoBot fails to access invites (doesn't have the 'Manage server' permission), PromoBot will fail to promote your server. This change is made to ensure high-quality and high-efficiency promotion aswell as save your priceless time to both not check regularly if invite is valid and to not promote with invalid invite.
Create instant invite- used in
pr$setupcommand to create an invite to this server if you don't want to create one manually
Here are some important notes to take account of:
- This bot is only a helper promotion tool. The only purpose of this bot is to make discord server growth easier. This bot doesn't and won't have any gamification or point-earning system. The only possible way of gaining perks in the future may be voting for the bot on top.gg, but no other external service/website will be used for upgrading voters' perks.
- This bot does not reward users or server owners in any kind if a new member joined. New members also don't get any rewards for joining the server. Bot will just promote, and if users are interested in joining, then they are free to. Hence, this bot is not qualified as a Join 4 Join or as Invite 4 Invite bot since both parts dont get any points or perks from joining.
- PromoBot will not automatically promote. For example, Partner Bot promotes your server in one random server every hour. PromoBot will only promote your server when
pr$promocommand is used. There will be no way to automate the process.
- I will not take any payments from users through services like Patreon to give users advantage over other users. In the future, there may only be one way to get perks through upvoting the bot on top.gg, but not in any other platform or service.
- I understand that some servers' promotion messages may be NSFW or violate Discord ToS. There is a
pr$reportcommand to report a certain advertisement by server ID (which is below every message). I personally will look through all reported messages and ban messages that I don't find appropriate or that are violating ToS.
pr$promocommand is rate-limited for 6 hours for every server. This means that a server can be advertise not more often than 6 hours. This makes the bot to not spam in other servers and not give any advantage for users that spam the command, also this makes the bot not being rate-limited by the Discord itself.
- PromoBot will NOT allow any links besides discord invites for the bot to not violate Discord ToS. This bot will ONLY be used to promote your discord server, not Youtube channel, Twitter, Twitch or any other social media account, website, service. Bot will NOT target users with marketing or advertising.
In conclusion, I want to say that this bot is not intended to break any of the established rules. Since promotion is a natural part of server growth, I just want to make people's lives easier by automating a few hundreds of clicks people make to promote their server with just one command. My bot gives everyone equal chances to grow and prosper, and my intent is to not gain benefits from it, but just to help growing a community by making the promotion volunteer-only so only people who genuinely want to come will join the server.