A Discord bot for competitive Super Smash Bros. content and for fun. Little to no downtime!
Super Smash Bot
This is my first attempt at writing a bot for anything, as well as my first time using Discord.js. Creative criticism is welcomed, as I would like to get better with this kind of stuff.
A Discord bot for competitive Super Smash Bros. content and for fun.
Super Smash Bot, also known as Peach, can pull top player information from SSBWiki, can get official yearly top player rankings for each Smash Bros. game (locally stored and manually formatted), can perform a Vegetable pull simulation, and can get highlights from different Smash-related YouTube channels. She can also have an array of messages that she will listen for and respond to accordingly.
- Provides Peach's help text, which is basically what is listed below.
ssb gr [term] , ssb gr4 [term], ssb pickle [term], ssb yeet [term], ssb drag [term], ssb vgbc [term], ssb vod [term]
- These all are commands to search YouTube using Youtube-Search 1.0.10 in conjunction with the YouTube v3 API.
- 'gr' searches GRSmash, 'gr4' searches GRTr4sh, 'pickle' searches Mr. Pickle, 'yeet' searches YEET Smash, 'drag' searches Dragon Smash, 'vgbc' searches VGBC Highlights and 'vod' searches all of YouTube and returns the first result. The 'vod' parameter for this command should find the correct match you are searching for, as long as you are specific enough with your search term.
- Uses a random number generator with custom emotes to pull a Vegetable. Probabilities are taken from this odds table from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Mr. Saturn, Bob-Ombs, and Beam Swords are not yet available to pull.
- Displays a list of messages that the bot will react to.
ssb smasher [smashtag]
- Uses a combination of Request and Cheerio to grab the first paragraph of a Smasher's biography from SSBWiki.
ssb rank [game] [year]
- Uses Node.js's built-in File System class to read .txt files with official yearly player rankings.
- These rankings are taken from SSBWiki, then manually formatted to look nice with a bit less information.
- For any game where the year requested is unavailable, the latest available rankings will be shown.
- Running this command without parameters will show acceptable parameters for each game.