The world's most advanced security and automation bot.
Hourai is a Discord Bot focused on safety, security, administration, and
automation. Written in Python 3.7+. Hourai is a bot built to help ease moderation
of communities of any size, offering features that work with servers of 10 users
to those with well over 100,000.
Moderation, Safety, and Security Features
- Comprehensive Validation System - run background checks against new users.
Discourages problematic users, limits user bot damage, and curbs abuse.
- Highly Configurable Automation System - run arbitrary bot commands in response
to virtually any Discord event. (Partially implemented)
- Configurable Moderation Utilties - simplify mod mental overhead by
establishing a well known escalation ladder to deal with problematic users.
- Configurable Auto-Mod - automatically respond to known events to apply
moderation. Integrates tightly with configurable escalation ladders.
- Community Moderation Tools - take a load off of your mod team by letting the
community moderate itself. (Not yet implemented).
- Anti-Raid Tools - automatically or manually shut down raids (Partially
- Identity Tracking Tools - users changing usernames to avoid punishment?
Hourai keeps track of their 20 latest usernames.
Informative / Fun Features
- Feeds - pulls near-realtime feeds from a variety of sources, including Reddit,
RSS, Danbooru, etc.
- Music Bot - play music from YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and other public
services. (Mostly implemented)
- Self Serve Roles: Allow server users to get their own roles via bot command.
Hourai is a bot built for security in mind. To do this job, Hourai collects some
information about users it sees on Discord. Below is a comprehensive list of
data types and how long Hourai retains them after their deletion from Discord.
- Usernames - Hourai stores the last 20 usernames of every user it has
visibility of. This includes the associated user ID, username, discriminator,
and timestamp when it was first seen. This is queryable via the
command and upon verification of users.
- Bans - Hourai caches information about bans in all servers it has access to.
Including the server ID, user ID of the banned user, and the ban reason.
To avoid providing this data to Hourai, remove the
Ban Members permission
from the bot. This is used to provide more accurate information to
This cache is wiped and repopulated every 5 minutes.
- Reddit Posts - the titles of posts on these sites may appear in Hourai's logs,
even if the post was deleted from the source site. No public way of seeing the
output of these logs is available. These logs are persisted for a maximum of
- All other data used by Hourai is pulled transitively from the Discord Gateway
and is removed upon invalidation of that state (i.e. a user's nickname change
will be wiped as soon as the gateway reports it.)
If you would like for any of the above data to be cleared from Hourai's database,
james7132#1567 (User ID: 151215593553395721) on Discord to have
the data deleted. Be aware that this data collection cannot be disabled, even
upon request of deleting stored data.